ALEC is behind legislation designed to:
- Misclassify employees as independent contractors so companies like FedEx can increase profit by paying workers less
- Drive wages and benefits down
- Restrict your rights for claiming workers compensation
- Weaken safety standards on roads and highways
- Automate package delivery using driverless vehicles
- Support right-to-work for less laws that will weaken unions and make it more difficult to negotiate good contracts
ALEC is so controversial that more than 100 companies have cut ties with the group including Coke, Pepsi, Amazon, Google, McDonald’s and Walmart.
It’s time to ask UPS why it is still in bed with an organization that writes, distributes and lobbies for laws that are solely designed to hurt working families.
TAKE ACTION NOW AND TELL UPS IT’S TIME TO LEAVE ALEC!