2020 COVID-19 ANNOUNCEMENT EFFECTING CDL DRIVERS
FMCSA COVID-19 EXTENSION – CDL DRIVERS PLEASE READ
Compliance, Safety, Accountability (CSA) is a Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) program designed to provide motor carriers and drivers with attention from FMCSA and State Partners about their potential safety problems with an ultimate goal of achieving a greater reduction in large truck and bus crashes, injuries, and fatalities.
How does CSA affect drivers?
- Unsafe carrier and driver behaviors that lead to crashes are identified and addressed
- All safety-based roadside ins pection violations count, not just out-of-service (ODS) violations
- Drivers are more accountable for safe on-road performance – good news for drivers with strong safety performance records
What can drivers do to comply with CSA?
- Know and follow safety rules and regulations
— Check out web-based CMV safe driving tips at http://www.fmcsa. dot.gov/ about/outreach/ education/driverTips/lndex.htm
- Become knowledgeable about the Behavior Analysis and Safety Improvement Categories (BASICs) and how FMCSA assesses safety under CSA
— Review the Safety Measurement System (SMS) methodology document at http://csa.fmcsa.dot.gov/resources.aspx
- Keep copies of inspection reports
- Learn about employers’ safety records •
— Check carrier safety records online at http://aLfmcsa.dot.gov
- Visit the CSA Website: http://csa.fmcsa.dot.gov
— Subscribe to the RSS feed or email list to stay up-to-date on CSA news and information